My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.beyondthebaby.com.au/superorganisermum/
and update your bookmarks.

The Life of a Super Organized Mum

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cooking meals in bulk #2


I few people emailed me and left comments wanting some ideas for what kinds of meals I like to cook in bulk to here it is : ) Below is a list of some of what we have got in the freezer at the moment (if you want the full recipe email me and I can include it is a later post).

Thai Fish curry
Spaghetti Bolognaise
Home made pumpkin soup
Chilli con carne
Chicken cacciatore
Home made sausage rolls (snack)
Rogan Josh Curry
Chicken pasta bake
Veal Tortellini
Meatballs

All we have to do then is pop the meal on defrost in the microwave and reheat it. Then we cook up the rice/ pasta if it is not included in the dish already and steam some vegetables or add a side salad.

As I pre- cut all the vegetables the extras take no time at all. I also pre- make up my salad at the start of the week so that's done as well (You can add the dressing on the night).

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I am having extreme organizational envy!! I am definitely going to try this with our weekly meals. I bet it saves a lot of money also...I tend to end up back at the grocery store multiple times...spending lots more $$$! Thanks for the tips!

August 16, 2009 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

You are so right Kelly it saves sooo much money and also the hastle of having to think of a new thing for dinner every night of the week. You also end up with so much extra you only end up cooking 1-2 nights per week as you build up a level of meals in the freezer. : )

August 17, 2009 at 3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this idea, one day I'll get there, and sometime soon I'll get around to emailing you for recipes :) Thanks Jade!

August 17, 2009 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger MrsO said...

Hi Jade

I need your advice because I have only just started cooking the meals in our household - hubby used to do it but with his job is much busier now. Anyway, one of his favourites that I can make is Sheppards Pie. I was thinking it might be handy if I can double up ingredients for the meat/sauce part and freeze this so that I only have to defrost that and then make potatoes for on the top. ??? And if you think it would freeze, how long would you recommend it could be kept for?

Thanks so much

Cath

August 18, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home