My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.beyondthebaby.com.au/superorganisermum/
and update your bookmarks.

The Life of a Super Organized Mum

Thursday, September 17, 2009

How to keep up with photo's

In scrapbook land we are constantly printing and scrapping photos all throughout the year. One of the most challenging things for a lot of us is keeping those photos organized and under control so that you can access them when you need to. I use several systems for this for both long term and short term photo storage depending on what I am doing with the photos.

I take around 600 photos per month but I try to only print a portion of those (around 150) so thats a lot of photos to keep up with!! I automatically use about 30 of those for my 365 project and what I do with those is as soon as they are printed I slot them straight into the album so that when I have time to sit down and stick them in and complete the journalling they are all ready to go.

For long term storage I use the Creative Memories photo boxes. They are acid free and really durable for long term photo storage. These photos are old childhood photos of both Simon and myself that I have not gotten around to scrapping yet. Anything older than a year goes in these boxes for me to get to at a later stage. They go into the boxes and then I give them a general label on the divider which I can change as the photos change. I have 3 of these and they each hold about 500 photos.

For short term storage I have started using clear divided file folders for my 4x6 prints. I have 2 of these (they each hold about 150 photos) these are not labelled as they changed so frequently- about once a month and are literally just temporary storage until I get to scrapping the photos. I use a large file folder to store enlargements as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home