My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.beyondthebaby.com.au/superorganisermum/
and update your bookmarks.

The Life of a Super Organized Mum

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Freezer Stock up

So last night when I was waiting on Simon to get home I wrote out a little Bulk cook up freezer list for myself as I was to start to replenish our deep freezer stores for next winter. We have let it run low to use up everything we have in the freezer and to try some new recipes.

I bought this great cook book awhile ago called Frost Bite by Susan Austin. All of recipes from breakfast to dinner to party food all come with specific freezer instructions and have been designed with freezing in mind. It is a fabulous book and all of the recipes I have made so far had turned out fantastic.

So I have chosen 14 meal recipes so far of which I will be making 4-6 family sized serves per cook up. So thats about 2 months worth of family meals for winter : ) I am also going to trial cooking up a load of snacks like muffins and cakes to freeze. The plan is to cook one extra meal per week for 3 1/2 months through summer and one extra snacks per fortnight. This means by the end of May the list should be complete.

Once I have printed off my menu plan I will post it on here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous lindy said...

thanks for the idea.... i just bought the book. Thats just what i need!

November 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Your welcome Lindy- it is a great book, enjoy : )

November 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Jade, I have been thinking about doing something like this for a while, but we would need to purchase a separate freezer. Is that what you have, and if so, do you have a chest or upright?

November 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Hi Lisa, yes we purchased a chest freezer which we keep in our garage. It has been so economical as we are able to buy a lot in bulk which is a lot cheaper : )

November 9, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home