My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.beyondthebaby.com.au/superorganisermum/
and update your bookmarks.

The Life of a Super Organized Mum

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A bit more on activities

My post last week about doing activities during the week struck a cord with a few of you who felt the same way, especially the working parents and so I thought I would expand on why I do this and what it means to me : ) We all feel that terrible thing called Mothers guilt and this seems to be amplified when we choose to or have to go back to work, we feel guilty about everything already and then compounded on that is the guilt about returning to work.

I have gotten better not feeling so guilty over the last nearly 2 years I have been back at work and I want to share a few things I do to help with that. Doing activities with Flynn before/after work is one of the those things. I am lucky enough to have a really flexible job where I come and go as I need and my office is at home- this helps a lot. I have tried to make sure that along with the normal after work stuff dinner, bath, stories and bed that we attempt to fit in some play dough, colouring, crafts etc. This does not always happen it just depends on how busy we are but we really try. This really helps me not to feel so guilty about walking out the door the next day.

Cooking our meals in bulk helps with this as it allows us the time in the afternoon to do this- like this afternoon I put a pre made lasagna in the oven to cook and we all went outside and watered the garden together and then played with musical instruments- such a nice way to spend the afternoon.

I have always believed in quality time whilst parenting and not quantity- you could be a stay at home parent and spend all week shopping and having coffee instead of quality time with your children (most SAHM I know are fabulous and don't do this at all this is of course just an example!!), therefore it is not about how much time you spend with your kids but making that time great!!! Since understanding that I have come to realize that as long as every moment we are together I do the very best parenting job I can then I am doing the best thing for my family- regardless whether I work or not.

And here we were this afternoon having a tea party in the backyard. I hope this inspires you to change the way you think about that precious time when you are at home : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home