My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.beyondthebaby.com.au/superorganisermum/
and update your bookmarks.

The Life of a Super Organized Mum

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Annoying Spice Containers

Hands up if you find those annoying little spice containers, jars and packets really hard to keep tidy !! So that's probably a lot of you. I agree I found it incredibly frustrating to find spices and keep them fresh in the pantry, and looking neat as well!! I found spice racks to be over priced and they really limit how many spices you can store in them. So when I looked under my second sink I decided this was the perfect place to store those annoying containers !!

You could use any small cupboard/shelf and achieve the same result. After I decided where I was going to store all of my spices I set about replacing them all with the large Tupperware spice containers. This way they were all the same size and shape so they would stack easily and neatly in the cupboard.

I have labelled these on the spine with the actual spice name and then just the starting letter on the top to make the correct spice easy to find. They were in alphabetical order (very anal I know!!) but once Flynn discovered this cupboard those days were over !!


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love T'ware spice containers too. Mine are in the pantry but the small cupboard over the rangehood is handy for them as it is often a shallow, awkward space.

October 25, 2009 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Jakki said...

I have some of those but I never use them *blush* I really should dig them out and fill them up! Yours are so eprfect and neat! Just a curious question-I have always wondered why you have 2 sinks in your kitchen??? Jakki xx

October 25, 2009 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger wombles said...

Wouldn't there be too much moisture under a sink (or over the rangehood) for spices?

October 25, 2009 at 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the alphabetical order. My friends always comment about mine being in alphabetical order and think I'm strange. It works for us though and stops us double buying.

I keep all of mine in the store, glass jars. I have them in a drawer lieing down with labels up. Close to where I'm cooking. It's our best system for them so far. Found in the pantry was more of a hassle.

October 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you look on ebay you can actually buy a carousel that fit these on and spin around!!
i have two in my cupboard and they are fantastic!! i think they are called a spice caddy.

November 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home