My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.beyondthebaby.com.au/superorganisermum/
and update your bookmarks.

The Life of a Super Organized Mum

Monday, September 28, 2009

30 seconds..........

Ok so I never ever makes Flynn's dinners- there is my confession for the week!! LOL, no no really I do make them, but I cook everything in bulk here at home. I have never made just one meal. Its seems like a waste of both time and money for me, it is far for economical for me to cook as many as I can manage and then freeze them.

So we rotate through about 5 varieties of frozen meals for Flynn which are a variety of rices, pastas, pasta bakes etc. I keep about a months worth in the freezer at any one time so between 30-40 meals. Each time I make something different.

One of the reasons I do this is so that we can get Flynn fed earlier if we need to, it is 30 seconds in the microwave to get these dinners reheated so if your toddler is having a melt down and you need a quick dinner they can be at the table eating in under a minute!! Works for me !! The other time we use them is if we are out for the night or day. We also sometimes use them as a side dish to what we are eating as a family.

For example of we are having chicken wraps for dinner all Flynn would eat is the chicken, so instead he can have the chicken and a side dish of something with some vegies etc in it.

There are a few things I like to do differently when making Flynn's meals that I thought I might share. For starters I am as many secret/hidden vegetables as I can possibly manage !!! This way if he decides to pick out all of the obvious ones I know he is still getting some extra nutrition. So in this pasta bake I added an entire tin of creamed corn and also pumpkin, sweetcorn and apple puree. These cannot be seen and the pasta bake sauce means that he cannot taste all of these extra vegies. I always add the obvious ones as well in the hope he will eat them.

So we were running a little low in the freezer and so this week I thought I would dedicate some time each night to making up some extra meals to restock. From these 2 pasta bakes I got 14 toddler sized meals. I use mainly the gladware 280ml containers for my bulk Flynn meals. They hold the perfect amount and they are only about $3.00 for 6 at the grocery store. They have lasted for about a year so far and are going great.
So here are 13 of the meals ready to go into the freezer for future nights meals.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I was just wondering if you were willing to share some recipes!
thanks heaps
karen

September 29, 2009 at 6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home